Sunday, June 03, 2007

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE

I was shocked when I looked to see that it has been well over two weeks since I last posted a blog,I really don't know where the time has gone since getting back from Australia.
Lyn and I have been really busy what with trying to get the allotment back from the jungle it had become whilst we were away as well as doing a host if other things.This retirement lark is really hard work.Anyway the allotment is looking better again and weeding is now once again a pleasure.I can report that all plantings are doing well and are being much appreciated by the visiting wildlife,who seem hell bent on making sure that we will never get to taste any of our efforts.Besides the allotment we have both been playing golf.Lyn has at last realised that the club with the letter P on it is not the putter,so progress is being made on at least the club selection front.I should critisise,as my first round after the hols was terrible.We continue to do badly at quiz night,so no progress on that front.
Have just had a rewarding weekend cutting out a patio area and covering it with a ton of shingle,before siting the table and chairs on it,so we are now ready for the BAR-B-Q season.Since we had two tons of shingle delivered and had only used one just about every outdoor area now
has a covering of approx 1 inch of 20 mm shingle.If that wasn't bad enough Lyn insisted that each covering was washed as she felt the stones were a little dirty and could do with a spit and polish !!!!
So what else have we been doing,well we went to see Rich and Al in Lavenham last Wednesday,on Thursday Pam and Andrew from Storrington called in as they were in the area,we have been out to dinner a couple of times ,Lyn has been bellringing and has progressed to ringing on Sundays.I have taken a break from it but may go back ,we shall see.
Life in the Village is good and long may it continue to be so.
Oh I saw my first mole today shortly before it went to see all the other moles in mole heaven.Vernon our next door neighbour has been plagued by them and has so far caught and dispatched 40 of them.I don't think I could kill them as they look so cuddly,but I suppose if they are digging up your lawn you might think differently.Country living at the sharp end.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jonny said...

How exacly does Vernon catch these moles? Or does he blow them away with his 12-bore? Surely they shouldn't be killed! How about designing some sort of 'catch and release' system?

Congrats to mum for playing golf, and for progressing to the Premier Sunday league of bell ringers. Does that mean she plays a staring role in weddings (are there any in the village?) and Church services?

And I'm glad you are back into the weeding! Enjoy those BBQ's.....

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said...

Jonny
Vernon has a trap that catches them alive,he then whacks them over the head with a lump of wood,so not very technical or humane.I think Mum could now ring whenever asked and for all manner of sevices,includung Weddings etc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home