Monday, April 16, 2007

I ENJOY WEEDING !!!!

Lyn and I went down to the plot this morning to get it straight before our trip,and it needed some serious weeding as things have grown very quickly in the last few days maybe because of the very warm weather.We started weeding and it wasn;t very long before I thought to myself that I was actually enjoying the task,now thats strange as I have always thought of weeding as a necessary task and certainly not one to be enjoyed.So whats different here,perhaps its the lack of pressure like having to get it done before Monday morning as in the past,perhaps it was the lovely weather,although iv'e weeded in lovely weather before and still not liked it.More likely it was thinking that by doing this task then the end result will be that much better.I don't really know ,but what I do know is that I was enjoying myself and so was Lyn.
We were joined at the plot by one of the locals who has only 5 teeth in his head and speaks with a very broad Norfolk accent so you can imagine the fun we had trying to understand what he was saying.Anyway he kindly gave us 30 shallots which we duly planted,so now we have spuds,strawberries,shallots,friut bushes,cabbages,and waiting to go in broad beans,and spinach.This is quickly becoming a GOOD LIFE GARDEN.

4 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long are you away? there could be quite a nice green haze over your plot by the time you are back or have you got a little man that does, like hugh f.w. If this comment gets to you this time, what size is your plot?

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long are you away? there could be quite a nice green haze over your plot by the time you are back or have you got a little man that does, like hugh f.w. If this comment gets to you this time, what size is your plot?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jonny said...

Weeding? Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Now, about this beetroot. You really wont regret it.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said...

jonny
I have no regrets with beetroot as i hate the stuff not only does it taste foul it also stains everything it comes into contact with

 

Post a Comment

<< Home