Thursday, February 08, 2007

EXPECTATIONS ARE BETTER THAN REALITY

Well for the last 48 hours or so the Met Office has been banging on about heavy snow in our area as well as much of the Southeast.So I went to bed last night like a schoolboy expecting to wake up with at least 6inches of fresh snow outside and a day off school to look forward to.I even had the curtain slightly ajar so that I could glimpse snow without even having to get up.So at first light I looked through the gap in the window, and to my horror no snow,so on with the news to find out what has happened.Well it seems that just about everywhere got what they were expecting except us.There were constant reports of road and airport closures,as well as live broadcasts from reporters who looked more like snowmen,so it was definitely snowing somewhere in the UK but not in Northwold.I felt quite let down alomost to the point of ringing up the Met Office and demanding our fair whack.Anyway a couple of cups of coffee later and it started,and now its stopped.So is that it?For Matt youv'e seen it all before and for Jonny just a small sample of what you are missing.
Out in the garden now to build my snowman, and to throw a couple of snowballs at Lyn,thats if I can seperate the gravel form the miniscule amount of snow.


2 Comments:

At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no denying it, those pictures are great. Thanks for posting them.

I guess I do miss the snow, not that we ever had much of it in Bristol. It was great seeing it when we spent Xmas in Aberdeen. But given the fact I haven't seen ice (except in a drink), or my own breath in the last year or so, I can't see there being much chance of us having a snowfall here.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Still more snow then us!

But we are down to the -9oC`s now!

Chilly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home