Saturday, January 06, 2007

BOTH AWAKE AT 3.36 AM

You will recall that a few weeks ago I reported that I was pleased at long last to have something to worry about.Well it has been 3 weeks since we last rang the bells so this past Thursday was our catch up night,would we be ok or would it be a complete disaster.As it turned out it was fine, to the point where I was left to ring by myself with only minor supervision,Lyn was not far behind and only as Lyn can soon had everybody in fits.I swear the laughter was louder than the bells.As the evening progressed I got more and more confident and was asked to follow one of the teachers to see if i could keep in some sort of time with him,actually I had to be just behind him.Well up until now I have had a fixed frontal stare as I have been ringing rather like a rabbit that has been caught by some headlights, now I had to actually look at somebody else.I think I managed about 4/5 complete pulls before losing the plot completely,and as for followig him I don't think I even saw him.Lyn was still in fits as was everybody else with her antics.I think she is going to write a book. BELLRINGING CAN BE A LAUGH !!!
So we were both awake,me worrying and Lyn laughing .Happy days
Wednesday was Quiz night,and we didn't come last.A nasty general knowledge question.On a clear day what is the furthest object you can see from the top of Ben Nevis.We put the Blackpool Tower, someone else put Sweden, both wrong.Answers please.And we came second last,before our trusty torch saw us home yet again.Lyn is at this moment making a lemon tart which again should be a laugh.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Jonny said...

I tried to cheat and google it but the site crashed!

What's the answer?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said...

Need more guesses,some lateral thinking is required

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well...the furthest object on a clear day is something we don`t get to see much here.....

I`m plonking for the SUN ??

(and there was no google involved!)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said...

Matt is correct

 

Post a Comment

<< Home