Friday, December 08, 2006

A LEGITIMATE WORRY

I was getting worried that I had nothing to worry about.When I was working I would wake up two or three times during the night and worry about work for the next day.Well ever since retiring I haven't woken up apart from being told to shut up snoring by Lyn,(which I of course deny)and this was begining to worry me,not to the point of waking me up,but I felt I needed to worry about something.So imagine my delight to have woken up at precisely 2.35am with a legitimate worry.How to make sure you stop the Church Bell at just the right time on both the handstroke and the backstroke without bashing the Stay,and do you hold the rope firmly in your left hand or just let it lie there,and do I remember the exact sequence of the backstroke and handstroke,and do I remember the way to tie the knot in the rope after finishing ringing.So as you can see plenty of worries which will probably wake me up at various times during the night,and hopefully many nights to come Icouldn't be happier !!!.

So what have we been doing this week,not a great deal,we did go out for dinner at some new friends last Saturday,and again staggered back in the wee small hours,with our trusty torch showing us the way.

We have put the tree up and a few decorations which make the house look very festive,and of course we have been bell ringing,but i must admit neither of us really wanted to go last night as it was blowing a gale and quite chilly,but once there we soon got into it and very good progress was made by both of us ,helped along by some mulled wine that one of our trainers brought along .

Besides all this we have decided that we will be taking up bowls in the summer as it seems a good laugh and we are also taking on an Allotment which will be an even bigger laugh,oh and I nearly forgot we are also on the Church cleaning rota,which will again be a laugh,although we will probably have to save our laughing until we are outside the Church.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Jonny said...

Now this is what blogging is all about. Cracking stuff.

I'm glad you have now got something to worry about, even if it is bell ringing, which must be so much better than work. How was the backstroke/handstroke combo that you were worrying about? Was the worrying necessary?

Good skills with the bowls as well. It's all the rage over here, but of course you can wear boardies, t-shirts and flip-flops, or you can just go bare-foot. No need for whites!

One final thing. I'm interested to see how cleaning a church can be a laugh?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said...

Thanks Jonny, with Mum cleaning the Church it will definitely be a laugh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home